Thursday, June 13, 2013

Bubble Pocket Shorts pattern flip

Is anyone else flipping out over the Flip this Pattern series at Frances Suzanne? I know I am.

Flip This Pattern

Each month a new pattern to flip...and prizes. Woohoo! Since I tend to flip most of the patterns I sew with in one way or another this a THE contest for me. Even if I never win it still gives me an excuse to exercise my creativity...and an excuse to purchase these awesome patterns ;)

June's "Flip this Pattern" is the Bubble Pocket Shorts by Elegance & Elephants. I love, love, love this pattern! I really think it is perfect just the way it is, but couldn't resist trying to flip it anyhow. Here is my first creation!

For some silly reason I took the shot above after all the others but didn't iron first. Doh!


The classic style because it is so versatile. Have I said that I love this pattern?
 First of all...the pockets. I changed the pockets quite a bit here.

I gave them a rounded pocket opening and added piping. The final shape of these pockets is quite different from the original pockets.

I also added a little self-bound petal cuff in lieu of the straight cuffs. The self-bound petal cuffs are of my own invention and a tutorial for them can be found here.

The last little touch was the flat front which I love. The bubble pockets stand out all the more this way.


Now, I'm not crazy about this shot but I have to show our little lady visitor.



Isn't she cute?

I will also be adding these to the Shorts on the Line Series from Imagine Gnats.

 
 Now that deserves a little dance :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment