Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Back track to Kids Clothes Week Spring 2013




This year I participated in Kids Clothing Week Spring 2013. I started the week with a rather ambitious and super exciting list and was ready to rock! My list was as follows:
Sunny Days Rash Guards by Peek-a-Boo Pattern Shop


That Last shot is great right? Boys will be boys. Well, you can see they really love these rash guards. And I loved making them! The fit is perfect. The pattern sewed up so quickly that I was almost surprised when I was done. My boys are already asking me to make them more. They are just what we need for the cool weather on the Oregon Coast :)

Next up was the Cece peplum top by Popolok Designs
For this one I added pintucks and piping! Saying those words together like that just makes me smile :) I also modified the sleeve from a cap sleeve to a puff sleeve with a little pleat and button detail. I thought it was a little more Minnie Mouse like that way. Every little ounce of this shirt just makes me want to squeeze it! Okay, that wouldn't accomplish much. But if it fit me I would definitely sport it around. And what is an adorable shirt without pants coordinate it with? For this I
 made Wide Leg - High rise sailor pants by Ottobre Designs. The looks go great together IMO.
I became a little side tracked here when I was chosen to be a tester for Popolok Designs new pattern coming out - the Nelia Top & Dress. I can't say anything more here but trust me you will not be disappointed! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all her patterns.

The last thing I completed for KCW was some retro style Prefontaine Shorts.
I was a tester for these too. The pattern is by Made with Moxie. These shorts are so my style. I plan to make more tonight (no joke, tonight) but with knit fabrics this time. They will be oh, so comfy!

Well...lets just say I didn't quite finish all the sewing that I had hoped. The rest of the list that I didn't get sewn will be made here in the near future, for sure! I'm not done rockin' yet! Here's what I will be making:
Ruffle Top by Elegance & Elephants
Hosh Pants by EmmylouBee
Parsley Pants by made by RAE

How did your KCW sewing go? I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment