Friday, September 6, 2013

Two little Bumblebees

It's Friday; which means it's time to make some noise!

Have you heard the buzz about the Bumblebee Dress pattern? It is the debut pattern by the super sweet Sewing Mama RaeAnna...and it is ADORABLE!


You may have seen other Bumblebees buzzing around... like this awesome one by Suzanne Winter of Winter Wonderings, or this cute dress and this tunic version by House of Estrela, or even these beautiful ones by Pris Sewn.

Well there is more to buzz about now because RaeAnna is extending the sizes up to size 12! Woot, woot!
I was lucky enough to be able to test the new sizes. But I couldn't stop there; I had to make two!


 For Zoey I tested the size 8. I made view A and used piping on the bodice in place of ruffles. The fit is great. My super picky niece really liked it, which doesn't happen much. So I am giving it a BIG thumbs up!


For Keilana I sized up in hopes that it will fit for a while. These kids just grow so fast!
I made a size 6 (she fits right in to a size 5 right now). It is a good fit, yet still has growing room. Perfect!


 You may notice the sleeves on Keilana's dress are a little bit different. I made a simple bell bottom sleeve instead of the ruffle. There may be tutorial for how to make this coming... :)


I also added seam pockets to both dresses using the tutorial by House of Estrela.


The girls found this beautiful flower head just sitting on a bench. They just had to show it to the camera <3


 SO, catch the buzz and pick up a copy of the Bumblebee Dress pattern! You are going to love it! The extended sizes will be released soon ;)

And congratulations RaeAnna on your debut pattern! It is awesomely awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment