Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Daphne Wrap Dress and Top

The Cottage Mama just released this great new pattern and I was lucky enough to be be able to test it!

The Daphne Wrap Dress and Top is an adorable pattern! As the name implies, it wraps around and secures with two buttons on the back. There are also two buttons on the front straps which makes this super easy for your girl to get in and out of. I love the classic A-line style and my daughter loves the comfort. It is perfect for summer, or layer it up to wear during the fall and winter months.
Another great part of this pattern is its versatility. There are so many ways to embellish this pattern. The PDF walks you through different options such as piping, ruffles, front pouch pocket, fabric covered buttons...but there is so many other great things you could also do with this pattern!

First I made the dress length version with piping and ruffles...and embroidery. The front yoke on this pattern is the perfect place to display your embroidery or applique designs. I chose to accent my fabric with some hand embroidery :) I just love how it turned out! 
See this post for more on the embroidery.


Isn't the piping such a cute accent? I think it is perfect for this style of dress. And, yes, it is a lot of piping but the effect is SO worth the effort!



 
 Next I made the top length. The fit is spot on. Without the piping this was super quick to make too. 








To accent the buttons I used iron on craft interfacing on a scrap of fabric, zig-zagged around the flower, then cut my flower out. I placed them under right over the buttonhole placement and secured them when I sewed the buttonholes. The buttons sit right over the center of the flowers and gives the top a little 3D accent. 
It was a hot day here in southern Oregon and Keilana was grumpy!


 

 But I also caught some silly shots.



Thanks for checking it out! You can find the pattern available is The Cottage Mama Etsy shop here.


No comments:

Post a Comment