Sunday, October 27, 2013

Debbie's Birthday Dress pattern from Sewpony

The Debbie's Birthday Dress pattern from Sewpony is wonderful! It was inspired by one of Suz's favorite childhood books, Debbie's birthday party. So I think this pattern was destined to be a classic!

*The pattern is on sale! Check the bottom of the post for details ;) *

My little model was rather uncooperative, so please forgive the grumpy pictures.   ; )

Debbie's Birthday Dress is a vintage style sleeveless A-line dress with two main views. View 1 has a separate bodice with trim and view 2 has a center split front, peterpan collar, and pocket. 


There is a simple one button closure with button loop in the back. I made view 1 with a few minor modifications. 

Before I forget, let me tell you that I was able to make this dress in a size 5 from a 1 yard remnant that had pieces already cut out. How sweet is that!


The pocket isn't part of view 1 but I just couldn't resist it. It is fun to mix and match different views!
I also added in some piping along the neckline, bodice bottom, and pocket. 


 I couldn't find my lovely lace trim for the bodice, so I made a pintucked panel instead. The little buttons on the front  play on the pop of red in the panel fabric. 


We decided to fly inside for a hot cocoa break...


...but the Kiki bird landed on the swings instead.
And, what do you know, now she's all smiles!



The Debbie's Birthday Dress pattern has a lined bodice but it was super easy to put together. Suz provided great directions and pictures in the pattern. And I love the way she made the bottom of the dress to keep it from puckering when it is hemmed! Genius, I tell ya!



Thank you Suz SO much for the great pattern! 

***And, heads up readers, the pattern is on sale for just $5 through the end of October!***
  It is available in sewpony Vintage's Etsy shop. You are sure to enjoy it!

And that wraps up my Kids Clothes Week sewing for fall. But I won't let that stop me. I have lots more fun fall sewing in line!


No comments:

Post a Comment